Michelangelo Di Napoli



Stunning Michelangelo Di Napoli is an Italian American model and actor who was born and raised in Brooklyn, NY, but who now resides in Manhattan.









Michelangelo has worked with many great photographers and his portfolio is varied and extensive.


 M. Fitz Photography





Ryan Colford






We are thrilled to feature him at Stunning Men and many thanks to him for accepting our offer of an interview.


Ming Li






NYC Male Photographer







 You can follow Michelangelo on tumblr and check his ModelMayhem profile for more information.


Vital statistics:
Height: 5’7”
Weight: 142lbs
Chest: 37”
Waist: 30”
Eye colour: brown
Hair colour: brown/shaved
Skin colour: olive


 Here is Michelangelo's full interview


Michelangelo, a warm welcome to Stunning Men and many thanks for taking the time to do the interview.
Could we start off with talking a little about yourself and your background? You were born and raised in Brooklyn, is that right?
Yes, I am from a working-class background, from very humble beginnings.  My father left us when I was only a year old, so we struggled financially throughout my entire childhood; this actually made me a better person.  I never met my father.  My great-grandparents were born in Italy and came to the U.S. for better lives, as did so many poor immigrants.  I am third generation Italian American.  I grew up in a close and loving family, surrounded by strong women, which also made me a better person.  I had the typical childhood, except for the obvious problems that most gay kids endure while growing up in a heterosexist and homophobic world. 

How did you get into modelling? Is it something you always wanted to do?
Yes, I always wanted to be a model, as a way to feel better about my looks.  We all have low self-esteem, right?  We are all damaged in some way.  I modeled from 1995 to 1999, but after being told that I was too short, too ethnic looking, and not masculine enough by almost every agent and casting director, I called it quits and went to graduate school, earned three master’s degrees, and had an academic career.  I figured that my brains were better than my looks.

What do you enjoy the most about modelling?
I enjoy creating a persona and other characters.

How do you think fitness modelling compares to fashion modelling?
I have been told that I can’t do either one of them, so I would not know. 

In that case, if we had to put a label on it, what would call or describe the modelling you do?
Well, I would love to do fitness and fashion modelling, but I must be realistic. I am focusing more on commercial, artistic, and erotic. I have been told that I have the proportions to model for artists, a fine arts model. And of course I can model underwear, swimwear, nude, and erotic. I would love to do catalogue work, such as Undergear, Andrew Christian, etc.

How do you prepare before a photoshoot?
I make sure that I look, feel, and act the part, depending on what the concept is, and what the photographer wants.

What advice would you give a new model?
I still consider myself a new model, so I should not give advice.  However, I would say to find your niche and voice, and empower yourself because no one else will do it for you.

You have done some nude shoots; How do you find being naked in front of the camera?
For me, it is no different than being clothed: Armani suit or birthday suit, no difference.  It has taken me many years to accept and like my body, and although it is nothing special, I am comfortable in my own skin, finally.  Unlike much of the puritanical American society, I have no problems with nudity and being nude.  I am comfortable with it and don’t see it as a big deal.  I don’t care what other people think and say and their judgments about my posing nude.  Like RuPaul said: “what they think of me is none of my business.”  I have evolved into the more confident person that I need to be.    

Do you have any tips to get things more comfortable during a nude shoot?
First, if a model is uncomfortable with posing nude, then he/she should not, must not, force himself/herself.  That should be respected as much as posing nude should be respected.  Second, if a model wants to pose nude, then he/she should try to become a character, pretending that there is a purpose for being nude.  It always helps to think of yourself as someone else, and to allow the sexy persona inside you to come out for the camera.  Most people do not realize that modelling is like acting.

You have a stunning physique. How do you keep in shape and healthy? Do you do any sport?
Thank you!  I am flattered!  You made me very happy!  I hate sports.  I am in the gym a lot, doing cardio and strength training.  I am also a vegan vegetarian.  Diet is as important as exercise.  I follow a strict and healthy diet.  I drink lots of water; I don’t eat sugar; I don’t drink alcohol, or do any other drugs; I sleep a lot, which is vital.

What are your top three favourite exercises and why?
Currently, I am focusing more on my arms, chest, and abs, so whatever exercises I can do for those areas are fine with me.  I like my lower body better than my upper.  I am always trying to improve.

What’s the best form of cardio for you?
I like the bike, elliptical, and treadmill.  Then there’s dancing, cardio exercises, and let’s never forget: sex!

How do you keep motivated?
I am my own worst critic.  I am constantly looking in the mirror critiquing and analyzing my body, which motivates me to stay in shape because I know exactly how I want to look and how I don’t want to look.

How do you fit training and fitness into your life? Is it a difficult thing to achieve?
Yes, it is always difficult to find the time to do it all.  I sacrifice and compromise many things in order to stay fit.  But, in essence, it becomes a habit, routine, and lifestyle.  It is all about discipline and tenacity. 

You are an aspiring actor; would you like to tell us a bit about this?
I would love to get lucky one day, but until then, it is hard work and dedication.  I do what every actor does: I send out headshots and audition for parts.  But what I love about acting is that I am given the opportunity to become other fascinating people.

What do you do in your down time?
I read, write, listen to music, see movies, watch TV, visit museums, etc., the usual things.

Do you have any role models? People who inspire you?
My role models are any and all activists for animal rights, gay rights, human rights, and environmental rights. 

Now a few quick fun questions if you are game? Do you think you are a good date?
Yes, I have been told that I am a good date because I try to make the other person feel comfortable, and I try to have as much fun as possible. 

Are you a brief man or a boxer kinda guy?
I hate boxers because of the lack of support.  I only wear briefs.  I think that briefs are sexier, too.

We think they are too! J Now what do you listen to on your iPod?
I am listening to Madonna, Lady Gaga, Cyndi Lauper, and Adele; three Italian American divas, and one Brit!

Your favourite song/piece of music to play while running?
I only listen to dance music while running; I need to get in the mood.

What kind of movies do you like?
I like indies, dramas, comedies, sci-fi, fantasy, and anything sexy and erotic.

What three words describe you best?
Compassionate, survivor, and tenacious.

One last question Michelangelo, where do you see yourself and what would you like to be doing in 10 years time?
This is always a difficult question to answer.  I hope to have a fully developed modelling, acting, and writing career.  The artist in me needs to create art!

Michelangelo, it has been a pleasure to interview you! Thank you for your time and for being a good sport. All the best for the future!
Thank you very much!  Same to you!


Comments