Kairi Jeffries


by David Vance



Stunning Kairi Jeffries is an American model from Detroit, Michigan, USA.


David Vance


slightly edited for this profile








Kairi grew up in a Midwest home. He was a timid young boy who discovered bowling and with the help and coaching of the bowling alley owner, Kairi started to compete professionally. He continued his bowling career into his mid twenties, setting various records and winning many titles locally, statewide and internationally. He also accredited 15 perfect 300 games and 5 800 series.


Tibo Nardin






The shy kid bloomed into a striking young man and began to be recognised for his handsome good looks and defined features.  He was offered to do photoshoots, then runway shows in Michigan and throughout the country.


Bryan Kasm




Anthony Isambert Photography






Jean-Sebastien Senecal




Kairi continued to model professionally after he moved to the New York City area in New Jersey. To make ends meet, Kairi found a job in a catering company; this eventually led to bartending. 


Walter Kurtz




Troy Phillips





Not just a pretty face, Kairi is an ingenuous and resourceful man; he came up with the idea of the Drain Scoop, an ice scoop which drains the water off. It was launched in 2005 and won the “Best New Product” award at the International Restaurant and  Foodservice Show in New York. He also came up with the
patented Bucket Bottle ice bucket which is the first ice bucket to have a built-in bottle holder and is now the official ice bucket of the Nolcha Fashion Week.
 You can check Kairi's press release for more exciting details.


 Thomas Synnamon



Comstock Images




Greg Thompson




  Kairi has done a lot of runway shows and has an awesome portfolio. We are thrilled to welcome him at Stunning Men and hope you enjoy his profile.



 Gustavo Monroy



Kevin Arteo




 Lisa Spindler



 Steve Ragland





Vital statistics:
Height: 6'0"
Weight: 80kg
Chest: 40"
Waist: 30"
Eye colour: brown
Hair colour: black


Kairi's full interview

Welcome to Stunning Men Vito and many thanks for doing this interview.
Could we start off with talking a little about yourself and your background? You’re from Detroit, aren’t you?  
I grew up in Detroit, MI as a very shy guy with few friends.  I was definitely not the cool and popular guy. I started bowling around the age of 12 and fell in love with the sport.  It required not much socially and I could find comfort in the sport without the awkwardness of being social.  It is here that I discovered my talent for bowling.  I caught the eye several great adult bowlers while practising and of the owner of the bowling pro shop who was eager to me under his tutelage and coach me.  He gave me a job in the pro shop and provided me a safe haven where I could develop my talents as well as being my most influential mentor. With his guidance developing my skills, I quickly moved into the adult leagues at the age of 14 and soon thereafter started to compete professionally and continued my bowling career into my mid twenties. 

Maturing into a young adult, I seemed to have bloomed into a striking young man as I was completely unaware of at the time.  No longer too awkward yet still pretty shy, I began to be recognised for my handsome good looks and defined features especially after starting to workout at the gym.  I was offered an opportunity to model in a few photo shoots.  Being a natural in front of the camera, I found that I had more talent for modelling than I had ever imagined. This opportunity led to runway shows with top designers and additional photo shoots not only in Michigan but throughout the country.  I continued to model professionally after he moved to the New York City area in New Jersey at the age of 26.

How did you get into modelling? Is it something you always wanted to do?  
I was approached by a photographer at a bar and took him up on an offer to introduce me to his best friend who was one of the top agents in Detroit.  It went well from the beginning and I started booking jobs immediately.  I never anticipated anything like that nor was it ever something I thought I wanted to do.  I thought I was much too shy and insecure for it.

What do you enjoy the most about modelling? 
I enjoy other people liking me for my unique features and enjoying my work.  I also LOVE the exhilaration I experience when walking down a runway for a big show.  There is simply nothing like it!  Yet, it's one of the most nerve wrecking things to do ... (Kairi laughs)

Have you done any runway work? 
I've done lots of runway work.  I did mostly runway in my first two years modelling.  I worked for Kenneth Cole, Tommy Hilfiger, 2(x)ist, C-IN2 and many others. 

What advice would you give a new model? 
Embrace yourself and your uniqueness.  Everyone is different and everyone (clients) has their own tastes.  Just be yourself!

How does fitness modelling compare to fashion modelling? 
Fitness modelling is more about perfect muscle distribution as opposed to being lean and slim.  I've always went back and forth as I look much bigger without clothes.  I think that is due to my narrow shoulders. 

Do you think male models have the same exposure as female models? Or is it still a female dominated industry? 
Modelling is definitely female dominated.  That's what we're all attracted to and want to see.  Female beauty is a universal thing in modelling and always will be.

How do you prepare before a photoshoot?  
I get nervous!  (Kairi laughs)  The more I try to be “perfect” in preparation the more I wander off and not oblige by my “rules” of what I should be doing as opposed to what I actually end up doing.

You have a stunning physique. How do you keep in shape and healthy? 
I listen to my body.  I don't workout constantly like most.  I believe in eating right most of the time but not restricting myself too much.  Moderation is key and compromising when you’ve overdone it is essential.  There needs to be a balance.  Furthermore, our bodies were not meant to do vigorous workouts as much as many people do them.  It just creates dependency on them and set your body up for injuries.  However, shocking the body is key along with the timing of your meals and workouts.

How do you fit fitness and modelling into your life?
Is it a difficult thing to achieve?  I treat fitness and modelling as a part of my life and my identity.  It's much easier that way.

How do you approach a challenge? 
I analyse the crap out of it ... (more laugh) I'm a thinker and I can't help but to dissect most things in life.  I utilise every resource available and put everything I have into it.  However, the key is to let it happen once your learn it.  That was a valuable lesson I learned in my bowling career. 

Do you consider yourself a fashionista? And what do you like wearing when you are not working as a model?
I'm definitely not a fashionista ... (Kaira laughs) I'm such a regular guy with little knowledge about how to dress.  I leave that to my friends.  However, I love looking good once someone points me in the right direction.  I think everyone loves that feeling.

What do you do in your down time? What's down time? 
(Kairi laughs again) I can't help but to think a lot and analyse just about everything.  However, I love sitting in front of a fan or outside enjoying a nice breeze. It's very calming to me.  I love driving too and working on cars.

Do you have any role models? People who inspire you?

Yes. My "adopted" dad, Mike, who owned the bowling pro shop and mentored me since I was about 14. He and my mom are definitely two of my best role models. They taught me to make the best out of all opportunities given and to never give up. They taught me so much through examples and their amazing character. They make the best out of life and enjoy it to its fullest - always looking at the glass half full. They also believe in lots of laughter and fun. They are truly amazing and inspiring. I also love the stories of people doing extraordinary things from ordinary and less than ordinary beginnings.

Now a few quick fun questions if you are game ... Do you think you are a good date?

I think I'm a pretty good date. I'm a bit shy at first but I gradually open up. I'm kind of sarcastic and funny and I can be a bit quirky but I think that's an asset.

Are you a brief man or a boxer kinda guy?
I'm definitely a brief guy!

What do you listen to on your iPod?
I love old school music.  I love true vocalists too they tell a story in a song.  Most of the music I listen to is very easy going and/or have incredible ranges to the music.

What kind of movies do you like? 
I love psychotic thrillers, dramas and comedies.

What three words describe you best? 

Only 3?! ... (Kairi laughs)

I'm afraid that's the rule! :-)
I would then say genuine, analytical and quirky.

One last question Kairi, where do you see yourself and what would you like to be doing in 10 years time? 
I see myself developing and marketing more of my ideas and inventions.  I find that I love inventing solutions to common problems; hence my two patented inventions, the Bottle Bucket™ ice bucket and the Drain Scoop® ice scoop.  I'm definitely a business man at heart. My brothers can definitely vouch for me there ... (more laughs).

Kairi, thank you so much for taking the time to answer our questions. It has been a real pleasure to interview you. All the best for the future!
Please also take a look at the projects that I'm currently working on as well and check out my website

Comments

Dale said…
Great images and interview!