Corbin Richard Garner


by Jim Cauthen


Stunning and hunky Corbin Richard Garner is an inspiring fitness model. He was born and bred in Boise, Idaho, USA, where he still lives.









Growing up Corbin was always the smaller kid that got picked on. His mother introduced him to the gym when he was 13 year old. At first he didn’t know what I was doing but he was dedicated, had drive and motivation to show all my haters he was better than them!














Through the years of working out and playing football Corbin sustained some injuries. After a lot of hard work and rest, Corbin made a pretty big come back, but was not satisfied with himself. He made big changes in his life; he went from eating anything and everything to cleaning up his diet. His diet consists of fish, chicken, rice, steak and steamed vegetables
Corbin says that diet is crucial and that he is a walking example!









Nicknamed 'the Beast' by his football mates - when you look at his stunning huge physique, it's easy to understand why! :-) - Football has been part of his life since he was a young boy and he gets his powerful physique from it.









Corbin's goal is to be a sponsored athlete and help people along the way, achieve their goals through fitness.









We are really excited to be able to feature Corbin at Stunning Men and thankful to him for doing the interview.



a great comparison shot




Thank you also to Jim Cauthen for sharing his stunning photos.

Make sure to check and 'like' Corbin facebook page!


 

Vital statistics:
Height: 6'1"
Weight: 205lbs
Chest: 49"
Waist: 33"
Eye colour: green hazel
Hair colour: brown




Here's Corbin's interview in full


Corbin, welcome to Stunning Men and a big thank you for taking the time to do the interview.

Could we start off with talking about how did got into modelling?

All my life I have had a muscle bound physique, seeing a lot of friends cutting and getting professional pictures done kinda sparked an interest. I then scheduled a shoot and realised how much fun it is and kinda grew accustomed to it.


What do you enjoy the most about it?

I probably enjoy being as creative as possible. Seeing how far you can take something to get that amazing shot!


How do you prepare before a photoshoot?

The night prior to a shoot I will grab a deck of playing cards and start doing jail house style push ups and sit ups. Then depending on the time of the shoot I will get a full body quick workout to get my muscle bulging at full potential.


You have a stunning physique. How do you keep in shape and healthy? Do you do any sport?

My entire life I have been playing football. Since I was 6 years old I have been lacing those cleats up and strapping that helmet on. Football is the reason I am as powerful and as big as I am. I weight train for football … but when my muscles started to critique I kinda took a step back from ball to focus on my muscle building.


What are your top three favourite gym exercises and why?

My top 3 exercises would probably have to be my leg lift workout, back squat, and flies. I love doing my abs. I usually do them every day and the workout I do blows them up and gives me the burn I look for. I have been a huge squatter due to knee injuries. I gave my knee the love and care it needed for 18 months straight prior to 2012 which allows me now to squat well over 450lbs with absolutely no pain. I then love flies because I feel I get a complete pec workout. I love to isolate when I do flies. I usually do more than the average human does, and work different angles that pump the entire pectoral.


What’s the best form of cardio for you?

I honestly don’t do a lot of cardio. My type of cardio is doing 10-12 different workouts a day 3 sets each at least 8 reps per set. So I shock my body enough to burn enough calories while not incorporating cardio.


How do you keep motivated?

Growing up playing football and doing the army thing for 4 years gave me motivation to better myself and be the best at what I do. I am a VERY competitive person and if there is ONE person higher up or better than me I will do what it takes to knock that person down to second. I love to better myself too. The gym almost keeps me sane to take all my stress and problems out on the weights.


How do you fit training and fitness into your life? Is it a difficult thing to achieve?

At first it was very difficult doing what I do. I work full time selling cell phones for sprint. At least 40 hours a week. Then at least 12-15 hours a week in the gym … on top of working a second job being a male stripper. My days usually start no later than 9.15am and will go till about 1am. I have an extremely hard work ethic and will find anyway to better myself and make that dollar.


You are a very good looking guy – what do you think is your best asset?

I know I am attractive. Granted I am VERY confident in myself but I am not cocky. I do not think I am better than anybody else due to my looks. I do know I am better than most do to my work ethic. And my best asset on my body are probably my eyes, abs and arms. I get the most recognition when it comes to these different parts of my body.


And if you could change one thing about your body, what would that be?

I wouldn’t change a single thing on my body. I wouldn’t be who I am today if it weren’t for what I have. I would rather work my ass off to change something than just simply say. I am happy with how everything is turning out with my training so I feel there isn’t a single thing to change.



How do you approach a challenge?

Been playing football for around 18 years and army for 4 years has given me strength to look at a situation or challenge and put my brain to the test. I mean I love taking on a challenge everybody is too afraid to do because they are afraid of failing. If I fail at challenge I simply get back up, dust myself off and try again. CHALLENGE ACCEPTED are my main words.


What do you do in your down time?

Down time almost is not part of my vocabulary right now (Corbin laughs). But when I do have time to relax I do it usually with my pets. I’m an animal lover and have a 6 year old Doberman lab named Eclipse. And a kitten that is 3 months old named Felix. I don’t have children so they keep me enough busy (more laughs). Or I love to watch movies.


Do you have any role models? People who inspire you?

When I see fitness models that aren’t in as good shape as me or even as cut kinda makes me laugh. I mean I have a role model that isn’t even remotely interested in fitness modelling but works just as hard as I do in the gym. My mother is my role model and the person who initially inspired me to make the gym so part of my life to be there 6-7 days a week. She’s usually the only person who isn’t afraid of giving me constructive criticism either.


Now a few quick fun questions if we may? Do you think you are a good date?
Well according to my girlfriend I am a pretty fun date (Corbin laughs again) . I love to do things out of the ordinary. Never the simple dinner and movie. Usually game centres or playing mini golf. Just fun things you can do so you can interact with each other.


What do you think is the secret to a good relationship?

(This question makes Corbin laugh) There isn’t just one secret to a successful relationship. You have to understand your partner. Listen, sacrifice, communication, trust, loyalty … I mean I can go on and on. There is never one thing that will make a relationship work. It’s a series of things both people have to do in order for the relationship to be a fun and stress free.


Are you a brief man or a boxer kinda guy?

I'm a boxer brief kinda guy! (big laugh). I don’t like my pack completely hugged up but I like it being secure. (more laughs)


What do you listen to on your iPod?

I will almost listen to everything except country (More laughs). R&B or rap, hip hop with hard flows. Kendrick Lemar is probably one of my fave artists to have playing while I pump iron.


Your favourite song/piece of music to play while training/running?

Swimming pools by Kendrick Lemar or Champions by Nicki Minaj and Drake


What kind of movies do you like?

Sports motivational, comedy and military movies are usually on Netflix when I have time to watch (Corbin laughs again).


What can’t you live without?

Hmmm it would be really hard for me to live without my family and supporters. I could be homeless and broke and still manage. I am not a materialistic person and cherish friends and family over what I own or how much money I have.


You wouldn’t know, but I’m very good at ...

EVERYTHING!!!! (laughing again) Just kidding but I am actually really good with computers and fixing a lot of electronic equipment. I am a big guy with rough hands and personality that would have all you FOOLED! (more laughs)


I’m just not very good at ...

Studying and reading full books. I hate to read and study and never had a spark for it. I am a great problem solver but hate reading books and studying for tests.


What’s the best thing ever invented?

Best thing invented … Probably have to be the camera ... captures memories and life events with a simple press of a button.


What three words describe you best?

STRENGTH, HONOR, LOVE


One last question Corbin, where do you see yourself and what would you like to be doing in 10 years time?

In 10 years I want to have at least 2 beautiful kids, married, and coaching a little league football team. I want to be on the cover of the most popular muscle physique magazine in the nation and possibly words. I have huge goals set … I WILL ACHIEVE all my goals.


Corbin, it has been a real pleasure to interview you! Thank you for your time and for being a good sport. All the best for the future!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Excellent! Now here is a though dude that has dedication with a body and handsome kisser that shows he is a real man. Built to last. I wish I would have voted best man for 2012 cause he would
most definitely get my vote.

Three cheers for Corbin.

Thanks as always

Denis